logologo-optometry

Ophthamic glass lenses

/home/acomuseum/public_html/images/archive/1676.jpg
Catalogue Number: 1701
Ophthamic glass lenses
Category: Spectacles and lenses
Sub-Category: Spectacle lenses
Year Of Publication/Manufacture: Early 20th C
Time Period: 1900 to 1939
Description Of Item: 4 pairs of oval roughly-shaped biconcave glass lenses all -0.75 D, 45 x 35 mm;
Historical Significance: The father of the donor, Ernest MacFarlane, had a long-established optometry practice at 13 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, Victoria. He had purchased the practice in about 1905 from a Mr Pugh. He was later joined in his practice by his son, Ken, who was the donor.
How Acquired: Donated by K MacFarlane, Melbourne optometrist
Date Acquired: c 1980
Condition: Good
Location: Archive office. East wall shelves unit 3. Drawer 3

Search the archive:

Author or Inventor:
Catalogue #
Name of Donor