Catalogue Number: 1800
Metal plaque ('Brass plate') for the Victorian College of Optometry
Category: Historical object or artefact
Institution: Victorian College of Optometry
Year Of Publication/Manufacture: 1960
Time Period: 1940 to 1999
Place Of Publication/Manufacture: Melbourne
Description Of Item: Bronzed metal plate, 560 mm W x 255 mm S, on which is engraved with white filled letters the words 'Victorian College of Optometry'
Historical Significance: This plate was erected at the entrance to the Victorian College Optometry in 1960, at which time the entrance was on to Cardigan Street. See photos at Cat No 147, 1196, 1200 and 1201. The plate was removed when a new entrance was established on to Keppel Street in 1990.
How Acquired: Record of VCO
Location: Archive room. South wall