logologo-optometry

Ceramic plaques promoting eye care

/home/acomuseum/public_html/images/archive/3458.jpg
Catalogue Number: 3483
Ceramic plaques promoting eye care
Category: Memorabilia and ephemera
Sub-Category: Advertising, ophthalmic practitioners
Time Period: 1900 to 1939
Description Of Item: Two white ceramic plaques, each 133 x 95 mm, with an eye care promotional message in black capital letters
Historical Significance: The donor is the son of Melbourne optometrist, Charles Wantrup, who practised optometry in Sydney Road Brunswick. These promotional plaques were most likely displayed in Charles Wantrup's practice in the 1930s or 1940s
How Acquired: Donated by Jonathon Wantrup
Date Acquired: Oct 2017
Condition: Good
Location: Archive Office. Spectacles cabinet Drawer 7

Search the archive:

Author or Inventor:
Catalogue #
Name of Donor