Catalogue Number: 800
Plaque commemorating the opening of the College's new building on October 20 1960
Category: Historical object or artefact
Institution: Victorian College of Optometry
Year Of Publication/Manufacture: 1960
Time Period: 1940 to 1999
Place Of Publication/Manufacture: Melbourne
Description Of Item: Bronzed plaque 610 x 280 mm inscribed 'This tablet commemorates the official opening of the Victorian College of Optometry on the 20th October 1960 by the Premier of Victoria The Honorable H E Bolte MLA, President Professor Sir Arthur Amies CMG, Chairman of Council G H Henry BSc LOSc, Director of Studies J Nathan BSc LOSc'
Historical Significance: The tablet records the opening the the College's own building in Cardigan Street Carlton in 1960.
How Acquired: Record of VCO
Location: Archive room. South wall