Catalogue Number: 1381
Entry foyer and reception of the National Vision Research Institute (NVRI) with first NVRI researchers Ian L Bailey and Jan Lovie
Sub-Category: Photograph People and events
Photographer: Marc Strizic
Year Of Publication/Manufacture: 1974
Time Period: 1940 to 1999
Place Of Publication/Manufacture: Melbourne
Publisher/Manufacturer: Marc Strizic
Description Of Item: Black and white photograph 247 mm x 195 mm of the entry foyer and reception desk of the NVRI with Ian Bailey and Jan Lovie, the first researchers in the NVRI.
Historical Significance: The NVRI had opened its building in 1974. The architect, Kevin Makin, had been asked to make the building distinctive, which in part he did by running the green shaggy pile carpet up walls and desks.
How Acquired: Record of VCO
Location: Archive office. South wall. Cube 5 Album 3